March Group Recap:
This month, the Destination Experience Team provided support to 24 groups convening in San Antonio. They represented approximately 65,270 attendees and more than 58,617 total room nights. Destination Experience managers coordinated and led seven planning site visits during the month for groups that will meet in San Antonio between 2022 and 2023.
A representative from Destination Experience was present to promote San Antonio at the Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses meeting. AORN will convene in San Antonio in April 2023 with an anticipated 10,000 attendees. We look forward to welcoming them soon!
Coming April Citywide Groups (1,000+ Peak):
- American Occupational Therapy Association
- Property & Liability Resource Bureau
- American Organization of Nurse Leadership
- Healthcare Sterile Processing Association
- Ulta Beauty
The American Pharmacists Association (APhA) Conference was held March 18-20 at the Henry B. Gonzales Center. Over a three-day period, conference management provided their attendees with multiple opportunities to donate, through financial donations as well as assorted in-kind donations including hygiene items, new socks and underwear as well as purchasing conference apparel and crafts. All proceeds were contributed to Haven For Hope. In addition, conference attendees were asked to write notes of encouragement to campus clients. These much-needed funds and items will be utilized by the hundreds of clients Haven for Hope serves daily. Watch the KENS-TV news story here. Thank you APhA for creating a positive experience for one of our city’s local nonprofits!
Convention Leads – 2022 FYTD
Convention Sales Event Production – 2021 YTD
Long-term Convention Pace
Sales Travel/Partnership Opportunities
February 2022 – We participated in the following events:
- Religious Conference Management Association’s Emerge – Feb. 1-3, Sacramento, Calif.
March 2022 – We will be participating in the following events:
- MIC Colorado Education Conference & Tradeshow – March 1-2, Denver, Colo.
- NYSAE MeetNY – March 2, New York, N.Y.
- Chicago Sales Mission – March 7-10, Chicago, Ill.
- Smart Meetings 3-Day Experience – March 13-15, Louisville, Ky.
- SISO CEO Summit – March 21-24, St. Petersburg, Fla.
- IAEE Women’s Leadership Forum – March 23-25, National Harbor, Md.
- PCMA Visionary Awards – March 24, National Harbor, Md.
- Destinations International Destination Showcase – March 25, National Harbor, Md.
To see what other opportunities there are to partner with Visit San Antonio, please go to our members’ website (www.members.visitsanantonio.com).