Rest of the World, in partnership with San Antonio’s Chamoy Creative, will help grow and evolve San Antonio’s national and international tourism marketing.

SAN ANTONIO (August 31, 2023) — San Antonio’s destination marketing organization, Visit San Antonio, is taking the city to new creative heights. The organization’s Board of Directors unanimously approved Latino-founded and global multicultural marketing group Rest of the World, in partnership with San Antonio’s Chamoy Creative, as Visit San Antonio’s contracted tourism marketing agency of record. The agencies will assist Visit San Antonio in advancing the city’s tourism marketing initiatives in order to continue having a strong economic impact on the local community. This announcement comes after an open and rigorous several-month procurement process that garnered national interest.

Rest of the World is a Texas certified Minority-Owned Business Enterprise. The agency is establishing an office in San Antonio in the same building as Chamoy, which will bring more jobs, economic impact and tax revenues to drive the local economy. This move will allow the collaborative team of creatives to be fully immersed in the city that it serves, capturing the true essence of San Antonio’s history and heritage, arts and culture and its diverse culinary scenes. The partnership with Chamoy Creative will position the local company to build its national and global profile and advance its presence as a leading San Antonio-based creative agency. Rest of the World will also join forces with Predictive Data Lab, which provides Visit San Antonio with advanced corporate and industry metrics, analytics, media planning and buying services.

“We are building San Antonio into a global brand. By entering new markets nationally and internationally as well as establishing new audiences, we will expand our reach, telling the true and authentic stories of our city and people,” said Marc Anderson, President and CEO of Visit San Antonio. “This, in turn, will expand visitation and its related positive economic impact into the San Antonio community. Rest of the World in partnership with Chamoy Creative are the right partners to take San Antonio to the next level of creative success.”

Seventeen agencies from all over the country submitted proposals for consideration, which were reviewed by a committee, consisting of Visit San Antonio leadership as well as city business and community leaders. A competitive procurement process using City of San Antonio and Visit San Antonio guidelines was followed, and Rest of the World’s strong creative portfolio and core values best aligned with Visit San Antonio’s creative vision to differentiate itself from other destinations.

“It is important that we stay evolving. That is what sets us apart from other destinations,” said Andres Munoz, Chief Marketing Officer for Visit San Antonio. “This is an opportunity to bring fresh and innovative creative ideas to the destination marketing industry and to San Antonio.”

Rest of the World President and CEO Sergio Alcocer brings a wealth of experience with nearly 40 years of award-winning national marketing and advertising experience and is widely known as a leader and innovator in multicultural marketing. This new partnership is a positive step to grow San Antonio’s annual visitation numbers to return to and surpass pre-pandemic numbers of 41 million in 2019.

“Right now, San Antonio is totally owning the title of the coolest city in Texas, no doubt about it. We are over the moon to partner up with Visit San Antonio and share our love for this amazing place,” Alcocer said. “We have put together a creative team as diverse as the city itself. We are pumped and absolutely ready to spread the word about San Antonio's energy, colors and flavors to the whole world."

The contract is for four years with an option to extend for one, two-year term, beginning October 1, 2023. The total value of the four-year initial contract is an estimated $48 million, of which more than 90% will go to marketing projects and advertising, with the remaining less than 10% for agency fees and campaign production costs.

# # #