Communications recorded $8,318,076 in outer-market earned media value for February. Coverage in major outlets included MSN Travel, Forbes, Nexos, Chicago Tribune, Virtuoso Life, AAA Texas Journey, AAA World, South Florida Sun Sentinel, Baltimore Sun, Texas Weddings, The Meeting Professional, Aire (Mexico), National Geographic en Español, The Toronto Star (Canada), Dreamscapes (Canada), Die Zeit (Germany), Escape (Australia) and Autoroute 4x4 (Italy).
The Visit San Antonio strategy of working with a variety of freelance writers produced good results in February as we were able to secure five stories on Forbes’ highly trafficked news site that included San Antonio. From general travel to culinary and art, these stories show a diverse image of our city as a must-visit destination.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak and the resulting freeze on travel coverage, we anticipate some quiet times ahead in having San Antonio in the news, but Communications will continue looking for possible angles and times when it’s appropriate to pitch. If our team may be of assistance, as always, please reach out.
MSN Travel – 33 Classic Bars That Police and Firefighters Love
- MSN.com/en-us/travel/tripideas/33-classic-bars-that-police-and-firefighters-love/ss-BB10tfFW - image=24
- Earned media value – $4,352,049
Forbes – five stories, detailed below; combined earned media value: $2,539,022
- 10 Great North American Cities You Probably Haven’t Seen (But Should)
- 20 Must-Try Cocktails For National Margarita Day
- Here Are 8 Spicy Recipes To Celebrate National Margarita Day
- 10 Cocktails Perfect For Celebrating The Leap Year
- The World's Greatest Modern Art Where You Least Expect to Find It
Nexos – San Antonio Para Todos
- Earned media value – $299,279 (print and online combined)
Die Zeit (Germany) – Chili con Carne
- Earned media value – $269,254 (print and online combined)
National Geographic Traveler en Español – San Antonio: Laboratorio de Sueños
- Earned media value – $150,131 (print and online combined)