The Communications Department recorded $1,462,797 in outer-market earned media value for March. Coverage recorded for the month in major outlets included Forbes, C-SPAN, Garden & Gun, Virtuoso Traveler, New York Daily News, Chicago Tribune, Arizona Daily Star, Corporate & Incentive Travel, Texas Meetings + Events, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Publimetro (Mexico), CTV Ottawa (Canada), Traveller (Australia) and Revista Lugares (Argentina).
The majority of the March media coverage for San Antonio was from the pre-COVID crisis that took hold in mid-March. The fantastic C-SPAN coverage was filmed in January and aired in late March as media began to focus on inspiration for future travel.
C-SPAN – Cities Tour: San Antonio
- Earned media value – $566,020 (all TV broadcasts, online and social media combined)
Forbes – These Hotels Recognize Incredible Women
- Forbes.com/sites/micheleherrmann/2020/03/22/these-hotels-recognize-women/ - 2a4db784323a
- Earned media value – $469,591
Tribune Content Agency – Taking the Kids - when they are on the autism spectrum
- Earned media value – $112,118 (all 15 print and online stories combined)
Garden & Gun – The Southern Agenda: Festivals Without Borders
- Earned media value – $69,343 (print only)
Traveller (Australia) – Spanish Twist on Texas
- Earned media value – $36,267 (print and online combined)