The Destination Group Sales division confirmed 49,132 total room nights in October. The production includes the Texas High School Coaches Association, coming for its 93rd annual Coaching School & Convention in July 2025. This event will bring in 13,000 attendees and close to 8,000 total room nights. The team also confirmed the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists for its Annual Meeting & Clinical Congress in May 2024. This group will bring in 3,400 attendees and close to 6,000 total room nights.
In November, we participated in the following customer events:
- Smart Meetings Mid-American National Conference – This was a first-time meeting for Visit San Antonio. The three-day seminar was filled with appointments with National Association and Corporate Meeting Planners, along with education and networking opportunities.
- ConferenceDirect CD Forum – This annual event for ConferenceDirect and its corporate customers was held at the JW Marriott Marco Island. There, we spent several days meeting with CD meeting reps and its important corporate clientele.
December is another busy month for the Destination Sales Team. It will participate in the following events:
- Annual Tamale Lift Events – We will again visit Houston, Dallas, Austin and San Antonio with our annual customer holiday gifts of Tamales. In Austin and Dallas, we will host a traditional Tamalada, in which we will invite customers to learn how to make their own tamales while networking with San Antonio-area hospitality partners.
- IAEE Expo Expo – This year’s event will take place at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. There, along with our Synchronicities partners, we will showcase the destination in a week full of tradeshows, networking, and education.
- Association Forum’s Holiday Showcase – This annual event in Chicago will take place in December. There, we will spend the day in education sessions and the afternoon in a tradeshow with concentration on Chicago-area customers. In the evening, along with our Synchronicities and San Antonio-area partners, we will host a high-end customer dinner.
- Texas CVB’s Washington, D.C., Holiday Celebration – This annual event combines the majority of the Texas CVB/DMOs in a holiday gathering that brings in hundreds of D.C. meeting customers.
To see what other opportunities there are to partner with Visit San Antonio, please go to our partners’ website (members.visitsanantonio.com).
During October, the Destination Experience Team provided support to 23 groups convening in San Antonio, including a representation of 25,200 attendees accumulating more than 53,000 total room nights. The Destination Experience Managers coordinated and led nine planning site visits during the month for groups that will meet in San Antonio between 2019-21.
A representative from Destination Experience was present to promote San Antonio at the prior-year meeting for the following groups:
- MGMA-ACMPE held in New Orleans from Oct. 11-14, 2019 | Definite for San Antonio Oct. 18 -21, 2020 | 2,550 Peak | 5,000 Attendance
- iNACOL held in Palm Springs, Calif., from Oct. 28-31, 2019 | Definite for San Antonio Oct. 24-28, 2020 | 2,200 Peak | 3,800 Attendance
- LeadingAge held in San Diego, Calif., from Oct. 27-30, 2019 | Definite for San Antonio Nov. 1-8, 2020 | 4,800 Peak | 7,200 Attendance
Coming key groups meeting in San Antonio in December:
- International Association of Fairs and Expositions
- Rock and Roll Marathon
- San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium