The Destination Group Sales Division confirmed 99,732 total room nights in December. The production includes the Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation for its 2022 AAMI Exchange, which will bring in more than 6,000 total room nights in June of that year. The team also confirmed the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans for its 2027 Annual Employee Benefit Conference, which meets in October of that year and will bring in close to 24,000 total room nights.
In January, we participated in the following customer events:
- PCMA Convening Leaders – Convening Leaders, PCMA’s annual convention, was held in San Francisco this year. With our Synchronicities partners, we hosted a networking reception with a focus on PCMA’s board members and targeted Synchronicities customers.
- Southwest Showcase – An annual tradeshow in Austin, we again showcased San Antonio to our Austin-based customers along with San Antonio hospitality partners.
- Association Forum’s Winter Healthcare Collaborative – This is a seasonal event hosted by Association Forum in Chicago. It brought together healthcare association executives and meeting planners to collaborate on issues facing their sector.
February is another busy month for the Destination Sales Team. We will participate in the following events:
- SA to DC Mission Luncheon – Visit San Antonio will be attending the annual SA to DC 2020 that is led by our San Antonio Chamber of Commerce. There, local business leaders will meet with government officials in Washington, D.C., to speak on important issues facing our community. In conjunction with this event, Visit San Antonio will be hosting a customer luncheon to promote not only our destination, but also our local community leaders to our D.C.-based clientele.
- Destination International’s Destination Showcase & Spirit of Hospitality – An annual event hosted by Destination International, Destination Showcase is a Washington, D.C., trade show and educational event. There, Visit San Antonio will network with primarily D.C.-based customers to promote our convention destination. The Spirit of Hospitality event is the night before the trade show and serves as Destination International’s annual award gala.
- Transforming Leaders Speaker Event – This event takes place in Austin annually and has become a much-anticipated experience in the Austin association community. This year we will feature author Ty Bennett, speaking about his best-selling book “The Power of Influence.”
- PCMA Rocky Mountain Chapter Event – This is a first-time event attended by Visit San Antonio, in which we will attend their Annual Awards Banquet. Colorado has proven to be a great feeder city for conventions for San Antonio. In addition to this event, we will conduct sales calls to local Denver-area customers.
- NYSAE MeetNY – This one-day trade show is a must-attend for New York City-area meeting planners. We will attend with our Synchronicities partners, Visit Anaheim and Visit Baltimore. We will also be conducting sales calls to various accounts in the area that week.
To see what other opportunities there are to partner with Visit San Antonio please go to our partners’ website (members.visitsanantonio.com).
During December, the Destination Experience Team provided support to seven convention groups convening in San Antonio, with a representation of more than 55,540 attendees accumulating to more than 40,500 total room nights. The Destination Experience managers coordinated and led three planning site visits during the month for groups who will meet in San Antonio between 2020 and 2021.
A representative from Destination Experience was present to promote San Antonio at the prior year meeting for the following group:
- Irrigation Association – in Las Vegas, from Dec. 2-6, 2019 | Definite for San Antonio from Nov. 30-Dec. 5, 2020 | 1,600 Peak | 5,000 attendees
Coming key groups meeting in San Antonio in February:
- National Cattlemen’s Beef Association
- Texas Music Educators Association
- American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons
- Signature Equipovision
- Commodity Classic