February Group Recap:
This month, Destination Experience Team provided support to 10 groups convening in San Antonio that represented approximately 38,700 attendees and more than 39,000 room nights. The Destination Experience Managers coordinated and led six planning site visits during the month for groups that will meet in San Antonio between 2022 and 2023.
A representative from Destination Experience was present to promote San Antonio at the Texas Computer Education Association (TCEA) Annual Convention and Exposition in Dallas from Feb. 7-10. This group will convene in San Antonio from Jan. 30-Feb. 3, 2023, with an anticipated 11,500 attendees. We look forward to welcoming them soon!
Coming March Citywide Groups (1,000+ Peak):
- AMPP | AMPP Annual Conference and Expo | March 7-10, 2022 | Peak: 2,680 | Attendance: 7,000
- Associated Builders & Contractors | 2022 ABC Convention | March 12-17, 2022 | Peak: 1,235 | 1,500 Attendance
- American Pharmacists Association | APhA2022 Annual Meeting and Expo | March 17-21, 2022 | Peak: 2,800 | Attendance: 5,868
- American Fuel and Petrochemical Manufacturers | 2022 International Petroleum Conference | March 26-30, 2022 | Peak: 2,401 | Attendance: 1,000
- American Occupational Therapy Association | 2022 Annual Conference and Expo | March 31-April 3, 2022 | Peak: 2,230 | Attendance: 6,000
The American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) held its 2022 Combined Sections Meeting in San Antonio from Feb. 2-5 with close to 9,000 in attendance. During the planning process and with the spike in Omicron variant, APTA had expressed great concerns for the safety of its health care attendees.
APTA made the decision to require vaccinations from all attendees, a negative COVID test 72 hours prior to arriving at conference, as well as mandatory masks in all meetings and throughout the Expo. All efforts were well received by its community to ensure as safe as an experience as possible. APTA also brought San Antonio flavor to its conference with daily surprise moments including mariachi performances, salsa dancing lessons and invigorating yoga and meditation.
As business continues to move forward with our citywide groups, we have seen many success stories like APTA for groups looking to get back to face-to-face meetings. We applaud meeting planners for all of their efforts during these challenging times.
Convention Leads – 2022 FYTD
Convention Sales Event Production – 2021 YTD
Long-term Convention Pace
Sales Travel/Partnership Opportunities
January 2022 – We participated in the following events:
- PCMA Convening Leaders – Jan. 9-12, Las Vegas, Nev.
- Southwest Showcase – Jan. 26, Austin
February 2022 – We will be participating in the following events:
- Religious Conference Management Association’s Emerge – Feb. 1-3, Sacramento, Calif.
To see what other opportunities there are to partner with Visit San Antonio, please go to members.visitsanantonio.com.