It’s Time to Grab Some Beads and Celebrate Mardi Gras at SeaWorld
- Guests can enjoy SeaWorld San Antonio’s Mardi Gras event every Saturday and Sunday as well as select days starting January 14th through February 26th
- Culinary offerings include traditional New Orleans cuisine; and new this year, expanded food offerings including an all-new quick serve location serving up even more tasty Cajun and Creole cooking
- The Sesame Street Mardi Gras Parade makes its return
- During this time, guests can buy tickets as low as 49.99 and passes as low as $6.99/mo.
SAN ANTONIO, Texas (January 10, 2023) – SeaWorld is putting its spin on the traditional Mardi Gras celebration by bringing the Big Easy to San Antonio with the SeaWorld Mardi Gras event kicking off on Saturday, January 14th. The entire park will be jazzed up for a New Orleans style carnival, complete with live music, extravagant costumes, Mardi Gras-inspired culinary specials including new, expanded and returning Cajun and Creole food items, alcoholic drink specials; in addition to thrilling rides and animal encounters. Guests can don their beads every Saturday and Sunday along with other select days as they celebrate Fat Tuesday for 6 straight weeks (from January 14th through February 26th) with friends and family throughout the park. Mardi Gras fans will not miss a beat. Laissez les bon temps rouler! Let the good times roll!
Enjoy the incredible sights, sounds, and tastes of Mardi Gras—every weekend at SeaWorld!
- New this year, Mardi Gras will feature an all-new quick serve location as Spanky’s Fresh Cut Frieslocation will be joining in on the Mardi Gras celebration; now making New Orleans’ style Cajun fries served with Popcorn Shrimp and Cayenne Chicken
- Also, new on the menu at Bayou Bites is the Boudin-Pepper Jack Roll… a mouth-watering combination of flavors including pork, shrimp, and pepper jack cheese rolled in pastry, deep fried, and served with creole mustard and aioli!
- The Sesame Street Mardi Gras Parade returns to SeaWorld San Antonio this January! This colorful, musical parade celebrates carnival time with festively decorated floats and Sesame Street friends dressed up and ready to shine. It is a parade full of lively tunes, fancy dancing, and plenty of family fun. The Sesame Street floats will be decked out for Mardi Gras with colors of purple, gold, and green, and some of the sparkliest things guests have ever seen. All guests are invited to come dance, sing, and enjoy the Sesame Street Mardi Gras parade!
- Guests can feast like kings and queens on traditional French Quarter cuisine! At Bayou Bites, foodies have the opportunity to try the all-new Boudin-Pepper Jack Roll, a spiced pork with rice and pepper jack cheese, along with returning favorites such as pork jambalaya, crispy fried shrimp po-boys with remoulade sauce, andouille skewers with dirty rice, and the ever-popular freshly made beignets!
- In addition to all the amazing Creole and Cajun cuisine, guests can visit the King’s Concoctions beverage stand to sip on a variety of Mardi Gras-themed specialty adult beverages including the famous Hurricane, a tasty frozen Daiquiri, and the signature Carnival Cocktail crafted from vodka, blue curacao, peach schnapps and melon liquor. All specialty drinks will be served in a SeaWorld Mardi Gras hurricane-style souvenir cup.
- Partygoers will feel the French Quarter vibe as the open areas come alive with colorful characters, jugglers, and acrobats. And all are encouraged to laissez les bons temps rouler as zydeco music fills the air.
- Guests can find festive carnival-inspired souvenirs —masks, beads, boas, and other keepsakes to get them in the spirit—at the Jester’s Closet.
2023 Brings Even More Fun and Adventures for All
As SeaWorld continues into its 2023 season, guests will have 12 months of fun at the Texas’ biggest and best theme park. The early part of the year starts off with a bang and includes the following exciting, family-friendly events, rides, and attractions – all included with park admission or an Annual Pass:
- NEW: Catapult Falls - Coming to SeaWorld San Antonio in 2023
The world’s first launched flume coaster – launching riders at speeds of up to 32 feet per second. Catapult Falls will be the world’s steepest flume coaster with a 53-degree angle and an over 55-foot drop. This amazing family adventure ride will also be North America’s ONLY vertical lift flume coaster with an elevator that takes guests high above the park giving them a magnificent view before they take a speedy plunge into the water below. SeaWorld Pass Members also have the special opportunity to be among the first to ride this all-new attraction!
- Seven Seas Food Festival - March 23 – May 21
This year at San Antonio’s largest theme park food festival, foodies and families alike can discover the widest variety of chef- and mixologist-curated tastes inspired by cultures from across the Seven Seas. Fans can sample authentic cuisine from 10 countries and regions including Germany, Korea, Italy, Greece, France and more, plus, gests will enjoy dozens of beverage choices to satisfy every taste.
- Tidal Surge – Tallest and fastest ride of its kind in the world!
This towering swing seats 40 riders and features two pendulum-like arms that soar progressively higher to a staggering height of 135 feet at its peak. The dueling arms alternate sides and sway back-and-forth at 68 mph, creating multiple airtime moments that levitate guests out of their seats with each heart stopping swing.
In addition to an exciting winter and spring line up, the year continues with an exhilarating 2023 season packed with a wide variety of highlights that every member of the family will enjoy. Returning to the park are fan favorites such as Texas’ biggest and scariest Halloween event – Howl-O-Scream, Spooktacular, Bier Fest, Inside Look, and ending the year with SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration – recently voted the top theme park holiday event in the US by USA Today.
Best Way to Enjoy with Annual and Seasonal Passes
For a limited time, guests can purchase an Annual Pass for as low as $6.99 a month! Enjoy year-round thrilling rides, festive events, and amazing animal experiences at SeaWorld. Silver, Gold, and Platinum Annual Passes are packed with benefits designed to make the park even more enjoyable all year, including up to six (6) FREE bring-a-friend tickets, FREE premium parking, up to 50 percent off in-park discounts, FREE access to animal interactions, and so much more. SeaWorld Pass Members also have the special opportunity to be among the first to ride the all-new Catapult Falls, the world’s first launched flume coaster, coming to SeaWorld San Antonio in 2023.
For more information, park hours and to purchase tickets, visit SeaWorldSanAntonio.com Follow SeaWorld on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest news from SeaWorld.
About SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Inc.
SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: SEAS) is a leading theme park and entertainment company providing experiences that matter, and inspiring guests to protect animals and the wild wonders of our world. The Company is one of the world’s foremost zoological organizations and a global leader in animal welfare, training, husbandry, and veterinary care. The Company collectively cares for what it believes is one of the largest zoological collections in the world and has helped lead advances in the care of animals. The Company also rescues and rehabilitates marine and terrestrial animals that are ill, injured, orphaned, or abandoned, with the goal of returning them to the wild. The SeaWorld® rescue team has helped more than 40,000 animals in need over the Company’s history. SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. owns or licenses a portfolio of recognized brands including SeaWorld®, Busch Gardens®, Aquatica®, Sesame Place® and Sea Rescue®. Over its more than 60-year history, the Company has built a diversified portfolio of 12 destination and regional theme parks that are grouped in key markets across the United States, many of which highlight its one-of-a-kind zoological collection. The Company’s theme parks feature a diverse array of rides, shows and other attractions with broad demographic appeal which deliver memorable experiences and a strong value proposition for its guests.