The Magic Begins November 19
SAN ANTONIO, Texas — November 18, 2022 — The premier Christmas event in South Texas, Holiday in the Park®, returns to Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Bask in wondrous holiday enchantment for the entire family, featuring visits with Santa; the family favorite live nativity show; The Majesty of Christmas; and the new Holiday Market with cookie decorating, s’mores around a campfire and more. The most magical time of the year features more than a million glittering lights, festive décor, seasonal foods, holiday entertainment, and thrilling rides to create this winter wonderland experience. Holiday in the Park will take place weekends and select weekdays November 19, 2022 through January 1, 2023.
“Holiday in the Park is bigger than ever, with new additions like the Holiday Market, more entertainment, and new décor to fill everyone with the holiday spirit,” said Park President Jeffrey Siebert. “There is no better place to experience the holidays than this premier Christmas event in South Texas,” added Siebert.
Holiday in the Park highlights:
- NEW – The Christmas Presence – Sing Christmas songs for all to hear, including “Wonderful Christmas Time” and “Winter Wonderland,” as this merry band fills the air with joy;
- NEW – Sing Christmas with The Tinsel Tunes – Join the elves-in-training as they lead a Christmas sing-a-long with the help of two special guests in front of the Rockville Christmas tree;
- The Majesty of Christmas – Witness this holiday spectacular as it presents an exciting reenactment of the Nativity, including amazing vocal performances by Mary and Joseph in the manger surrounded by live animals. This magical show comes to life at the Zaragoza Theatre through December 23;
- Have Yourself a Looney Tunes Christmas – Get into the spirit of the season with Bugs and his Looney Tunes friends during Have Yourself a Looney Tunes Christmas. Stop by Teatro Fiesta to sing and dance along to family favorites like “Santa Claus is Coming to Town” and “Feliz Navidad”;
- My Christmas Card to You – Enjoy a festive song and dance production, back by popular demand for its final run, as a merry postman delivers holiday messages to the residents of Rockville; and
- Christmas Tree Lighting presented by Ancira™ – Create a memorable family photo by this 60-ft. tree, adorned with tens of thousands of red, green, and white lights, which takes on an illuminated brilliance amid a festive celebration! The Christmas Tree Lighting will run through December 23.
Guests will celebrate the holidays with a cornucopia of festive attractions including:
- NEW – Tree Lot Trail –Fun for the whole family, get turned around in lights and pine as you find your way through this Christmas tree maze;
- NEW – Spectacular Square – Surround yourself in thousands of dazzling lights. Take a stroll through our brand-new light sculpture garden in Rockville Square;
- Winter Wonderland – Wander through the Winter Wonderland themed area between Crackaxle Canyon and Spassburg, where you can enjoy dazzling lights and experience periodic snowfall;
- Holiday Illuminations – Enjoy a synchronized light spectacular themed to classic and contemporary musical favorites at our giant Christmas tree each evening to bask in the glory of the season. Continuous shows following the Christmas Tree Lighting;
- Holiday Traditions and Trimmings – Stroll among massive nutcrackers and a collection of giant decorations which includes a walk-through wreath and huge holiday ornaments sparkling in the night;
- Hometown Holidays – Walk down main street Rockville and reminisce under the elaborate swag of Christmas décor. Mingle with holiday characters under falling snow and pose under our giant Christmas tree;
- Candy Cane Lane – Make your way into Crackaxle Canyon, where trees and pathways are festooned with thousands of twinkling red and white lights, holly leaves, and giant striped candy canes;
- Looney Tunes Holiday Meet & Greet – Meet your favorite Looney Tunes characters dressed in their holiday finest;
- The Singing Saps – Sing along and take photos with this animated, caroling, Christmas Tree Family as they perform holiday favorites such as, “Rudolph,” “White Christmas,” and “Frosty the Snowman;” and
- H2Ho Ho Ho – Stroll through an array of fountains and lights set to music sprinkle a large helping of holiday cheer. Continuous shows after dark.
Additional highlights of this year’s new Holiday in the Park lineup include:
- Taste of Holiday in the Park Food Festival – Indulge in deliciousness across multiple festival locations across the park, with hot soup or chili bread bowls, holiday turkey poutine, traditional tamales, s'mores, hot chocolate, tasty yuletide cocktails, and craft and seasonal beers. Enjoy Taste of Holiday In The Park Food Festival each operating day November 25 through December 23;
- NEW – Holiday Market –Decorate cookies at Claus’ Cookie Co., get cozy around the roaring fire to make s’mores or peruse the sweet treats at the Sugar Plum Candy Company. Don’t forget to visit Santa’s Workshop for a photo with the big man himself. The Holiday Market is available each operating day November 25 through December 23.
Six Flags Fiesta Texas will be closed Christmas Day. Visit www.sixflags.com for specific operating hours. Holiday entertainment including Santa’s Cottage, The Majesty of Christmas, Hometown Holidays, Christmas Tree Lighting, and Have Yourself a Looney Tunes Christmas will continue through December 23; select attractions and holiday décor will be available through January 1.
The celebration continues after Christmas with a variety of entertainment to ring in the new year, including:
- NEW – Rockin’ New Year’s Eve Celebration – Rock out with the Fiesta Texas Band and count down the days to the new year;
- New Year's Celebration - 30th Finale! 360 Fireworks presented by Ancira™ – Celebrate with the biggest New Year’s Eve fireworks display in San Antonio, with this massive once-in-a-lifetime pyrotechnic production that surrounds the entire park!
About Six Flags Fiesta Texas Six Flags Fiesta Texas, The Thrill Capital of South Texas, is home to more than 60 rides, shows and attractions. Opened in 1992, the park was built on the site of an old limestone quarry, which provides a spectacular backdrop for such exciting roller coasters as Dr. Diabolical’s Cliffhanger, The Iron Rattler, Batman: The Ride and Superman Krypton Coaster. In addition, Fiesta Texas boasts an impressive line-up of seasonal events and live entertainment, including Mardi Gras Festival, Fright Fest, and Holiday in the Park.
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company and the largest operator of water parks in North America, with 27 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 60 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. Six Flags is committed to creating an inclusive environment that fully embraces the diversity of our team members and guests. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.