CELEBRATE NATIONAL TRAVEL & TOURISM WEEK: MAY 7–13, 2023
Each year, the City of San Antonio, along with cities across the nation, celebrate the power of the travel and tourism industry. It is also a chance to learn more about how the travel and tourism industry contributes to San Antonio’s economy, business development, employment and overall quality of life.
San Antonio hosts some 37 million visitors a year, which in turn creates an annual influx of $16.2 billion into the local economy. It is called the San Antonio Travel Effect, and it is responsible for creating jobs, stimulating business development, funding city projects and enriching the culture and vibrancy of San Antonio.
Visit San Antonio is proud to celebrate NTTW and our local hospitality industry through the following:
- On Monday, May 8, Visit San Antonio will issue a press release about NTTW and celebrating the power of our industry.
- On Tuesday, May 9, we will host a staff appreciation event and we encourage you to take time to recognize your hard-working staff as well!
- On Wednesday, May 10, we will host our quarterly membership mixer and express our appreciation of their impact on our destination.
- On Thursday, May 11, we welcome our members and stakeholders to join Visit San Antonio at City Council Chambers for a NTTW Proclamation.
- On Friday, May 12, in preparation for IPW 2023, Visit San Antonio is offering a rideshare/taxi appreciation event. Working with SAIAP, we will have staff personally thanking this important workforce and informing them of the upcoming IPW events.
The San Antonio Travel Effect
- The travel and tourism industry is one of five leading industries in San Antonio.
- In 2021, the travel industry employed more than 128,000 individuals. This was 1 out of every 8 workers in the San Antonio metropolitan area.
- The economic impact of the Hospitality Industry in 2021 was more than double its size in 2001. Despite the challenges of the pandemic, the industry in 2021 was still bigger than it was in 2017.
During this time, the goal of National Travel & Tourism Week is to honor the spirit of travel. Please join us in celebrating travel and tourism and the positive effect it has on San Antonio, the rest of the nation and our industry’s strength, selflessness and resiliency. #NTTW23