San Antonio is a city full of culture, history, and excitement. But did you know San Antonio is also a great place to visit for an incredible nightlife experience? Whether looking for a relaxing evening out with friends or an exciting night out with dancing and drinks, the Alamo City has something for everyone!
Here is what you need to know to plan your perfect nightlife trip depending on your drink of choice:
🍷 Wine BarsBack to Top of List
If you prefer a more intimate gathering all while sipping on a glass of wine, visit one of our many local wine bars:
- High Street Wine Co. | Located in Historic Pearl, offers a highly curated selection of wine, beer, and ciders worldwide. They also host classes for the wine connoisseur.
- Re: Rooted 210 | Find this hidden gem at Hemisfair for an urban winery and tasting room experience. Try a glass of wine on tap or a wine flight.
- Little Death Wine | This neighborhood winery is located in Southtown and hosts unique foodie pop-ups and delicious one-of-a-kind wines.
- Anne’s Wine Bar | Explore a curated selection of 52 exquisite bottles on the menu, showcasing a captivating Old World Focus with a European flair.
- Go Fish Wine Bar | Along with its delicious food menu, check out its half-off wine and sake Wednesdays + reverse happy hour.
- The Board Couple | What pairs well with wine? A charcuterie board! This cute cafe offers a selective wine menu along with beer options.
🍸 DistilleriesBack to Top of List
Explore our community's distilleries, where they meticulously craft their own products and invite you to indulge in tastings and tours.
- Devil’s River Whiskey | Nestled in the old Burns Building, a registered historic place in San Antonio, this spot offers its own bourbon, rye, agave, and cinnamon bourbon!
- Maverick Distilling | Sip on handcrafted spirits in a 1917 bank-turned-distillery. Maverick Distilling offers tours and tastings to uncover Maverick Whiskey's history and more.
- Rebbeca Creek Distillery | Named after Rebecca Creek, a creek that runs through the Texas Hill Country, they are known for their Enchanted Rock Vodka and Texas Ranger Whiskey.
🍺 BreweriesBack to Top of List
Cheers! If you love beer, there’s no shortage of breweries in the Alamo City:
- Alamo Beer Company | Cozied under the Historic Hays Street Bridge, Alamo Beer Company is brewing up true Texas beers.
- Breakaway Brewing Company | Situated in the Government Hill neighborhood, this one-of-a-kind brewery and gastropub, inspired by cycling, presents a diverse selection of on-tap brews featured on its menu.
- Crockett Tavern | Enjoy the outdoor patio with live country music, and check out the daily drink specials.
- Kuenstler Brewing | Located in Southtown, Kuenstler Brewing is San Antonio’s first artisanal craft brewpub, re-inventing old beer styles into flavorful and innovative works of craft beer artistry.
- Dos Sirenos | In San Antonio's Lone Star District, Dos Sirenos Brewing delivers superb craft beers, top-notch food, and live music on our inviting outdoor patio.
- Mad Dogs British Pub | Experience an authentic British-themed pub with a full range of draft + bottled imported beers and live entertainment 7 days a week!
- Weathered Souls Brewing Company | Situated on the northern edge of town, this taproom boasts a dynamic beer menu that constantly evolves. Don't miss the chance to explore its impactful Black is Beautiful Initiative!
- Freetail Brewing | A beloved spot in Southtown, this brewery captivates locals with its signature brews, vibrant live music, engaging trivia nights, and a diverse menu tailored for food enthusiasts.
🍹 Craft CocktailsBack to Top of List
If a cocktail in hand is more your style, take a look at these spots around the Alamo City:
- Alchemy Bar | Embark on a sensory adventure as we craft extraordinary elixirs that will enchant your taste buds and ignite your imagination.
- Esquire Tavern | With the longest wooden bar top in Texas (100 ft. long) and historic preservation of history, you will love exquisitely crafted cocktails, fine spirits, and beer while taking in the sights of San Antonio’s past.
- Ameilia | One of the newest bars located in the Creamery District offers an extensive wine list, craft cocktails, and a snack menu that is reminiscent of a European bar, lounge, and patio.
- Pink Shark | Recently unveiled in the vibrant heart of San Antonio, this is the latest addition to the craft cocktail scene. Treat yourself to a delightful experience with the newly launched brunch menu featuring mouthwatering boozy delights.
- Double Standard | Known for its impressive selection of cocktails, beer, and an expansive array of whiskey and liquors, it has something to satisfy every palate.
- The Bunker Mixology | A sophisticated speakeasy that blends art and masterful cocktails.
- Havana Bar | Nestled within Hotel Havana, this venue provides an intimate, dimly candlelit setting featuring plush velvet couches and vintage leather club chairs. Perfect for discreet meetings and private rendezvous, it creates a cozy and secluded atmosphere.
- Bar 1919 | Revered as an ode to craftsmanship, American history, and whisk(e)y, 1919 takes you a step back in time to the prohibition era.
- The Modernist | Nestled in the Pearl District within a charming blue house, this hidden gem breaks away from conventional menus. Instead, immerse yourself in an intriguing experience where you share your preferences with the bartender, and they craft a delightful concoction tailored just for you.
🥂 Dance the Night AwayBack to Top of List
- Merkaba | DJs and live music take the stage every Thursday through Sunday, and there are plenty of happy hours rotating daily.
- Club 1902 | Known as “The Jewel of San Antonio” and “The Building of 1,000 Lights, this venue hosts major DJs and concerts.
- Bonham Exchange | For over 30 years, the Bonham Exchange has been San Antonio's downtown hot spot, hosting iconic entertainers like Tina Turner, The Ramones, and RuPaul.
- Howl at the Moon | If it's dueling pianos, rock n' roll, great drinks, and tons of fun you're after - then Howl at the Moon is for you. High energy and live music surround you here, and you will surely have an unforgettable time!
🏙 Rooftop BarsBack to Top of List
- The Moon’s Daughter | Located atop of the Thompson Hotel, a rooftop oasis offering stunning views and craft cocktails, creating an enchanting atmosphere for a memorable evening under the San Antonio sky.
- 1Watson | One of the newest rooftop bars in San Antonio, you can taste inventive cocktails all while catching a glimpse of San Antonio | The Saga at San Fernando Cathedral.
- Paramour at the Phipps | Known for its Sunday Drag Brunch, here you’ll find diverse cocktails and views of the Museum Reach.
- Otro Bar | Located along the Downtown River Walk, you’ll get the best view of the holiday lights during Christmas time.
- Fairmont Rooftop Oyster Bar | An upscale rooftop experience, you’ll love the handcrafted cocktails that pair well with its fresh oyster menu.
🍾 Unique Nightlife ExperiencesBack to Top of List
- Night Spirits | Get a little spooky while getting boozy with Night Spirits, San Antonio’s premiere ghost tour and pub crawl. Costumed guides will take you throughout downtown San Antonio so that you can explore the haunted history of San Antonio’s historic locations.
- The Barwalk | Local guides will take you on a journey through 4 historic and unique bars, pubs, and taverns in this fantastic adventure along The River Walk.