Attractions in Gay San Antonio
Naturally, being gay does not define which attractions most of us will want to see in each destination, and most queer travelers will merely want to check out the top things to see in San Antonio during the day! We found our favorite memories were hiring a car and exploring the vast South Texas landscapes, dining in the chic, upscale eateries of San Antonio’s riverwalk, and dancing till dawn surrounded by our fabulous queer community on “The Strip.”
However, if you’re someone who wants to see it all, we have put together a few more popular things to do in San Antonio that are sure to keep you busy! Whether you’re a refined foodie, an outdoor adventure seeker, or a first-time visitor, rest assured that cosmopolitan San Antonio will have something for you.
Top Things To Do In San Antonio
- Fredericksburg Wine Tour – Venture into the Texas Hill Country and discover the award-winning wines and picturesque vineyards in Fredericksburg with a local guide. Your escort is not only an expert oenophile but a storyteller who shares history and insight about the region. After two tastings at local wineries (where you’ll also take a behind-the-scenes tour of the production facilities), spend time in the charming town of Fredericksburg. Have lunch, browse the shops, or experience additional wine tastings.
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas – San Antonio’s biggest, most popular themed attraction featuring dozens of thrill rides, shows, and activities. Be like a superhero and soar with Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Rollercoaster, BATMAN: The Ride, and SUPERMAN: Krypton Coaster. Or whizz, spin, and loop around Boomerang, Fireball, and Goliath – all rides will have your heart pounding with excitement. If you’re looking for a place to cool down, head over to the water rides and or take a chill out with a trip on the lazy river.
- San Antonio Missions – See the Alamo and other UNESCO landmarks, including the Mission San José and Mission Concepción, both belonging to the San Antonio Missions National Historical Park. Visit, too, the King William Historic District and Market Square for a complete understanding of the significance these gorgeous sites represent.
- The Buckhorn Saloon & Museum and Texas Ranger Museum – See an 8-legged lamb, chairs created from antlers, and more than two centuries of Texas law artifacts with a visit to the Buckhorn Saloon & Museum and Texas Ranger Museum. A truly authentic Texas attraction, these conjoined museums include everything from a taxidermy Hall of Feathers to ‘Ranger Town,’ featuring its working jail cell and a Bonnie and Clyde exhibit. Grab a locally brewed beer at the onsite salon, where Teddy Roosevelt supposedly recruited his famous Rough Riders. You can even tour the museum with it.
- Go San Antonio Explorer Pass – Set your own pace as you sightsee with the San Antonio Explorer Pass, valid for 30 days after your first use. Select three, four, or five top attractions, tours, or activities, including perks such as skip-the-line admission. Enjoy discounts and save up to 40 percent on regular ticket prices to sites such as the Texas Ranger Museum, San Antonio River Cruise, and Six Flags Fiesta Texas.