San Antonio's Commitment to Safety
- American Hotel & Lodging Association’s Safe Stay
- Drury Hotels, Travel Happy Again, Clean & Safe
- Choice Hotels’ Commitment to Clean
- Hyatt Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment
- IHG Guest Health, Safety and Well-Being
- Red Roof RediClean
- Valencia Hotel Group Cleaning Protocols
- Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Enhanced Policies
San Antonio International Airport
Inside the airport terminals, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has provided San Antonio International Airport, Customs and Border Protection, Emergency Medical Services providers and TSA with public health readiness measures. While following all CDC guidelines and recommendations, the Operations team is ensuring that the following actions are being executed:
- The CDC has provided guidance for local emergency medical service personnel responding to medical calls at the airport to help them assess and identify potentially infected travelers.
- Communicating early and often regarding all issues surrounding the virus and precautions that need to be taken.
- Custodial provider is placing an additional emphasis on public touchpoints in all areas, including handrails, bathroom stalls, seating, door handles, chairs and tables, touchscreen directories, concessions credit card machines, etc.
- Custodial employees are wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- CDC health alert signage is being placed throughout facilities, specifically at the entrances of security checkpoints and in all restrooms.
- Rental Car Facility is open for business with reduced hours of operation to serve travelers. View schedule here.
- A variety of restaurants and other concessionaires are open for business with reduced hours of operation to serve travelers.
- Concessions may be running limited hours of operation at this time: View Concessions Hours of Operation
Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center
The Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center’s number one priority is the health and safety of guests, employees, and partners. The Center has taken proactive measures in response to this rapidly evolving situation and continually monitor information from various resources. The Center is ready to work with meeting planners to develop plans and procedures specific to each event. Current guidelines encompass information from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), Texas Governor’s Office, City of San Antonio Health Department, and International Association of Venue Managers (IAVM).
The Convention Center is proud to have received the Global BioRisk Advisory Council (GBAC) Accreditation. GBAC is a division of International Supply and Sanitary Association (ISSA), the worldwide cleaning association. This accreditation program assesses cleaning and disinfection practices and infectious-disease prevention. GBAC is currently the industry’s only accreditation for outbreak prevention, response and recovery establishing requirements to control risks associated with infectious agents, such as the virus that causes COVID-19.
- Sanitation methods have increased for high contact areas including guest information desks, escalator and stair handrails, elevators, water fountains, public furniture, door handles, push bars and restroom surfaces
- Free-standing hand sanitizer units are available for strategic placement
- Signage is prominently displayed in facilities with CDC protocols for hand washing
- Custodial managers and supervisors were trained by the International Sanitary and Supply Association (ISSA) on improved cleaning procedures. As a result, a comprehensive training program was administered to custodial staff
- Hand hygiene processes and respiratory etiquette were reintroduced to staff
- Ventilation standards were adjusted for increased outside air intake/air change rates
- Screening measures are employed for all partners, staff, vendors, and contractors utilizing City of San Antonio guidelines
- Will ensure successful meetings by working with each meeting planner on social distancing and space allocation
- The Center’s exclusive caterer is revising many processes to ensure guests continue to receive the highest food safety and quality of food and beverages. Food presentation options may include one-sided buffet lines served by catering wait staff, silverware individually wrapped, condiments provided by a server upon request, and a new variety of boxed meals and prepackaged food items.
COVID-19 / Health Updates
One of the many reasons San Antonio is one of the top vacation and business destinations in the country is our commitment to the safety of our community and visitors. Individual businesses may have their own guidelines on face coverings.
Find more information on the health and safety measures instituted by Bexar County and the City of San Antonio.