In San Antonio, our roots run deep. 300 years deep, to be exact. But, we have plenty of “new” to explore, too. With a rich history, our arts and culture offerings are diverse, festive and authentic. And our emerging creative scene – think local art shows, festivals and pop-up eateries – is buzzing with new experiences. Wander down our historic streets, follow the winding path of the river, chat with longtime merchants, and eat your way through local staples and trendy hot spots, all while taking in the warm, welcoming smiles of our people.
– Take a brisk walk or bike ride down the Mission Reach for a self-guided history tour.
– Pit stop at Mission San Jose and explore the “Queen of the Missions,” one of five missions that are a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
– Follow the river up north to Pearl for lunch at Cured, a James Beard Foundation nominee that brings a taste of all things charcuterie.
– While at Pearl, browse locally-owned boutique offerings in clothing and jewelry, handmade goods, home décor, books, and more.
– Later, catch a live jazz performance at Jazz TX, an underground speakeasy that boasts intimate tables, a welcoming vibe and two sets Tuesdays though Saturdays.