Event features Halloween Thrills by Day and Scary Chills by Night in a Safe Environment
SAN ANTONIO, Texas — August 17, 2020 — Six Flags Fiesta Texas, the Thrill Capital of South Texas, leads the way for Halloween thrills and chills with a new event for the entire family—HALLOWFEST. The event will feature Thrills by Day with plenty of family-friendly activities and Chills by Night with rides on monster coasters…in the dark and haunting Halloween theming throughout the parks. HALLOWFEST will kick off September 19 and run weekends through November 1. Operating hours for the event will be Saturdays from noon to 10 p.m. and Sundays from 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., with the addition of Monday, October 12, from 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Friday, October 30, from 5 to 10 p.m. Reservations will be required to ensure limited capacity and slots are expected to fill up quickly. The company’s comprehensive and ongoing safety protocols will be in effect for the entire run of the event.
“Our annual Fright Fest celebration is one of the most anticipated Halloween events of the season. Given the current environment, we are taking special precautions this year and offering our guests a version that is still scary, provides lots of thrilling rides and Halloween fun, and most importantly, is safe for our guests and team members,” said Six Flags President and CEO Mike Spanos. “We will operate HALLOWFEST the same way we have operated our parks all summer, with daily temperature checks and face masks required for guests and team members prior to entry, social distancing, and enhanced sanitization measures.”
All operating days and evenings will showcase elaborate live entertainment at two outdoor theaters. At the Sundance Theater in Crackaxle Canyon, Wicked Mixx Vol. 1, will feature a live band and singers performing classic rock medleys and contemporary mash-ups such as Like a Prayer, Rain on Me and We Will Rock You. At Teatro Fiesta, a new show, Terror at Teatro, will include such fun favorites as Time Warp, Pyromania and Thriller.
During daylight hours, families and young thrill-seekers will experience lots of HALLOWFEST Thrills by Day including:
- Individually packaged Trick-or-Treat Candy available at select retail locations;
- Kids’ Looney Tunes-themed photo opportunities with appropriate social distancing;
- Carved “Steampunkin” décor in Crackaxle Canyon featuring Jack-o-Lantern style festoon lights; and
- Halloween-themed specialty treats, like gooey caramel apples and funnel cakes made with Snickers candy, available for purchase.
For Chills by Night, all haunted attractions will be transported outdoors to the wide-open midways. Each Saturday evening beginning at 7 p.m., the park will be transformed with intense scare zones at themed locations.
- New for 2020 is Fear Acres, located at Lone Star Lil’s Amphitheater and featuring gigantic, rustic haunted barns and outbuildings, providing an eerie setting for creepy encounters;
- Back by popular demand is Soul Harvest in Texas State Square where guests will be welcomed to an abandoned, dilapidated farm seemingly in the middle-of-nowhere.
- The scare zone, Infestation, was inspired by the B-flick horror movies of the 1950’s, and brings Sci-fi horror to life in the once peaceful town of Rockville.
- Rounding out the scary selections is Wicked Hollow in Spassburg, which beckons the unsuspecting to enter a Pandora’s Box of secret rituals and strange clairvoyant traditions known only to those in the mysterious gypsy world.
- Saturday evenings will also be capped by a Halloween-themed multi-media extravaganza, Frightful Finale, which will include aerial fireworks, flame effects, dancing fountains, an impressive soundtrack, and dramatic video effects.
- Creepy fog, eerie lighting, and sinister music will create the perfect backdrop for nighttime scares and chills;
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas’ collection of world-class roller coasters ramp up the fear factor during HALLOWFEST as guests fly through the air in total darkness on such heart-pounding favorites as the Iron Rattler, The Joker Carnival of Chaos, and WONDER WOMAN: Golden Lasso Coaster; and
- Halloween gear, such as themed masks, witch headbands, light-up devil horns, and scary apparel, will be on sale along with everybody’s favorite glow-in-the-dark necklaces, bracelets and light sticks.
- Six Flags Great Adventure
- Six Flags Over Georgia
- Six Flags Over Texas
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas
- Six Flags St. Louis
- Six Flags America
- Frontier City
Six Flags worked in partnership with its epidemiologist consultants to create a safe Halloween experience that meets or exceeds federal, state, and local guidelines. Park attendance will be carefully monitored to avoid overcrowding and all Members, Season Pass Holders, and guests with single-day tickets will be required to make a reservation to attend HALLOWFEST.
- All team members (including scare-actors) and all guests 3 years and up will be required to wear masks covering the nose and mouth while in the parks;
- No indoor mazes, haunted houses, or indoor shows will be operated; some haunted trails and scare zones will be operated outdoors with social distancing strictly enforced;
- A limited number of nighttime scare-actors will remain at least six feet away from guests and each other;
- Guests viewing outdoor entertainment will be separated by at least six feet;
- Props, rides, restraints, handrails, and dining and restroom facilities will be cleaned and sanitized regularly; and
- Multiple hand-washing and alcohol-based hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the parks for guest and team member usage.
For more information on HALLOWFEST and Six Flags’ comprehensive safety guidelines, visit www.sixflags.com/hallowfest.
About Six Flags Fiesta Texas
Six Flags Fiesta Texas, The Thrill Capital of South Texas, is home to more than 60 rides, shows and attractions. Opened in 1992, the park was built on the site of an old limestone quarry, which provides a spectacular backdrop for such exciting rollercoasters as The Iron Rattler, Batman: The Ride and Superman Krypton Coaster. In addition, Fiesta Texas boasts an impressive line-up of seasonal events and live entertainment, including HallowFest and Holiday in the Park.
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company and the largest operator of waterparks in North America, with 26 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 59 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.