The Must-Do Halloween Event of the Year Returns September 10
SAN ANTONIO, Texas — September 7, 2021 — Six Flags Fiesta Texas, The Thrill Capital of South Texas, announces another expansion of the most terrifying Fright Fest® ever, beginning September 10. This year’s larger and more elaborate Fright Fest brings 35 nights of thrills and scares with two brand NEW extreme scare zones, five NEW live shows, one NEW haunted house and the return of a guest favorite, Poltergeist.
“Fear descends upon Six Flags Fiesta Texas as we transform the park into our most horrific Fright Fest ever,” said Park President Jeffrey Siebert. “Our Halloween event is one of the top-rated theme park events in the country. Fright Fest includes 10 new shows and attractions including the return of a transformed Poltergeist coaster and the Six Flags Bier Festival,” added Siebert.
Those who dare to enter will experience five terrifying haunted houses including:
- NEW - The Houngan House of Voodoo haunted house lures inquisitive guests through room-after-room of a voodoo priest’s cursed French Quarter shop;
- Carnevil 3D takes fear to a new dimension with a frightening maze filled with crazed clowns;
- Rockkill High School hides the walking dead roaming the halls in search of new victims;
- Buried Alive lures guests into the bowls of an abandoned mine to navigate the long-forgotten tunnels and passageways of Crackaxle Canyon Screampunk District; and
- Slaughterhouse 6 is a barn-full of screams and terror. People either survive or become dead meat..
Six scare zones, along with two new extreme scare zones, leave guests with nowhere to hide. They include:
- NEW - Fear Acres has something sinister lurking beyond the seemingly abandoned houses and shacks. This is an extreme scare zone designed to take the fear factor to the next level;
- NEW - Hell Valley Cemetery is a second new extreme scare zone, but don’t worry. At Hell Valley Cemetery, there’s always room for one more if an unlucky someone gets lost among the forgotten tombstones and graves;
- Soul Harvest welcomes guests to a deserted, dilapidated farm where the only goal is to survive;
- Wicked Hollow contains centuries of old evil stalking every corner of Spassburg;
- Infestation brings Sci-fi to life. A meteor crashed, pods appear and began to hatch, and that’s when everything changed;
- Steam Punkins showcases carved “steampunkin” décor and steampunk monsters roaming after dark.
New and returning shows offer a selection of seven different performances with something for everyone including:
- NEW - The Slay Belles, a quartet of deadly beauties, and their live band will lure you to Teatro Fiesta with their enticing performances of current and classic Rock and R&B hits;
- NEW - The Awakening transforms the park from “thrills by day” to “frights by night” in a chilling display of monsters, zombies, villains and ghouls;
- NEW - Wicked Mixx Vol. 2 features a live band and singers performing classic rock medleys and contemporary mash-ups sure to wake the dead;
- NEW - Dr. Diabolical’s Monster Mash Bash continues the story of Dr. Diabolical and her steampunk army as they perform with a live rock band in the park’s largest Fright Fest production;
- NEW - Mariachi Los Soberanos performs a special Day of the Dead-themed show to celebrate the unique and upbeat tradition of this festive musical genre;
- Terror at Teatro entertains guests at Teatro Fiesta as a talented troupe performs seasonal favorites including Time Warp and Thriller; and
- Frightful Finale caps off the night with a Halloween themed extravaganza including aerial fireworks, flame effects, dancing fountains, an impressive soundtrack and dramatic video effects.
Additional highlights of this year’s new Fright Fest lineup include:
- Poltergeist has been repossessed. After more than 20 years of spirits passing through this dilapidated manor, a presence with more rage and sinister energy has taken hold of this thrilling coaster with the addition of a chilling walk-through entrance experience;
- Six Flags Bier Festival offers guests a break from the terror to enjoy over 100 craft beers and a wide variety of sweet treats and tasty eats.
Fright Fest, presented by SNICKERS®, is open on weekends and select days September 10 – October 31, 2021. All scare zones and shows are included with park admission. Haunted houses require an additional fee. Diamond Elite and Diamond Elite VIP Memberships include access to haunted houses for free.
For the little monsters, the Looney Tunes Twick-or-Tweat Trail provides goodies for guests age 12 and younger on Saturdays and Sundays from Noon – 5:00 pm.
For more information on Six Flags Fiesta Texas and Fright Fest, visit our website at www.sixflags.com/fiestatexas.
About Six Flags Fiesta Texas
Six Flags Fiesta Texas, The Thrill Capital of South Texas, is home to more than 60 rides, shows and attractions. Opened in 1992, the park was built on the site of an old limestone quarry, which provides a spectacular backdrop for such exciting roller coasters as The Iron Rattler, Batman: The Ride and Superman Krypton Coaster. In addition, Fiesta Texas boasts an impressive line-up of seasonal events and live entertainment, including Mardi Gras Festival, Fright Fest, and Holiday in the Park.
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company and the largest operator of waterparks in North America, with 27 parks across the United States, Mexico, and Canada. For 60 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling waterparks and unique attractions. Six Flags is committed to creating an inclusive environment that fully embraces the diversity of our team members and guests. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.