Whether you’re looking for a weekend staycation to explore your hometown or a quick two-day getaway to discover hidden gems in a city rich in history, San Antonio is the place to be. Take a mini-vacation to explore authentic San Antonio and leave the planning to us. We have the perfect weekend in our beautiful city lined up for you.
– Begin your day at Poblano’s On Main for delicious breakfast tacos. They also offer up classic Mexican cuisine for breakfast & lunch.
– Following breakfast reacquaint yourself with the number one attraction in Texas with a narrated barge tour of the world-famous River Walk. Available at various times throughout the month, the San Antonio African American Community Archive Museum (SAAACAM) provides a Black History River Tour. This hour-and-a-half tour dives into our city’s Black history, historic sites, and much more. Check with SAAACAM for dates and times.
– Next, you’ll want to keep history alive by stopping by the Alamo, the shrine of Texas liberty. The best way to experience this historical site is with a guided tour. Be sure to check out the recently-added 18-pounder cannon.
– Once you’ve worked up an appetite, check out Alamo BBQ for mouth-watering barbecue for lunch.
– Afterward, drive to Phil Hardberger Park to see and enjoy the Tobin Land Bridge, designed to ensure safe traveling for both wildlife and people over a bustling highway below, it’s also the country’s first and largest bridge of its kind.
– Head back to downtown so that you can catch a ride with City Sightseeing San Antonio’s double-decker buses for tours and curbside drop-off to many of our downtown attractions and landmarks.
– If you missed the rodeo and February, be sure to end the night at Tejas Rodeo Company, where they hold live rodeos every Saturday night from March – November. You can also eat like a Texan at Tejas Steakhouse & Saloon and enjoy fun, and entertainment for all.