Whether you’re looking for a weekend staycation to explore your hometown or a quick two-day getaway to discover hidden gems in a city rich in history, San Antonio is the place to be. Take a mini-vacation to explore authentic San Antonio and leave the planning to us. We have the perfect weekend in our beautiful city lined up for you.
– Begin your day at Poblano’s On Main for delicious breakfast tacos. They also offer up classic Mexican cuisine for breakfast & lunch. If you’re looking to enjoy your meal surrounded by festive decor and live mariachi music, start at Mi Tierra Cafe y Panaderia.
– Following breakfast reacquaint yourself with the number one attraction in Texas with a narrated barge tour of the world-famous River Walk. Available at various times throughout the month, the San Antonio African American Community Archive & Museum (SAAACAM) provides a Black History River Tour. This hour-and-a-half tour dives into our city’s Black history, historic sites, and much more. Check with SAAACAM for dates and times.
– Next, you’ll want to keep history alive by stopping by the Alamo, the shrine of Texas liberty. The best way to experience this historical site is with a guided tour. Be sure to check out the recently-added 18-pounder cannon.
– Once you’ve worked up an appetite, check out La Gloria where authentic Mexican food meets an eclectic atmosphere. Not only will you find local favorites here, but you can also find authentic fusions your taste buds have yet to try.
– Afterward, drive to Phil Hardberger Park to see and enjoy the Tobin Land Bridge, designed to ensure safe traveling for both wildlife and people over a bustling highway below, it’s also the country’s first and largest bridge of its kind.
– Head back to downtown so that you can catch a ride with City Sightseeing San Antonio’s double-decker buses for tours and curbside drop-off to many of our downtown attractions and landmarks.
– If you missed the rodeo and February, be sure to end the night at Tejas Rodeo Company, where they hold live rodeos every Saturday night from March – November. You can also eat like a Texan at Tejas Steakhouse & Saloon and enjoy fun, and entertainment for all.