Whether you’re coming in for a first-time or repeat visit, or are enjoying a staycation, here are some options to inspire you as you explore the Alamo City. Discover why San Antonio has been recognized not just once, but twice by the United Nations Organization for Education, Science and Culture (UNESCO). From our rich heritage, stunning historical sites, and culinary options that reflect our diverse culture, come see firsthand why San Antonio is a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site as well as a UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy.
– Start your day off good and right with a coffee and a bite at Sip Brew Bar & Eatery where they’re serving you up espressos, baked goods, and sandwiches amid modern décor.
– Stroll over to San Fernando Cathedral, the oldest, continuously functioning religious community in the State of Texas. While you’re immersed in history and beauty, remember that once night falls on Tuesdays and Fridays – Sundays, the facade of the cathedral transforms with lights, music, and visual arts depicting the historical discovery, settlement, and development of San Antonio, our wonderful Lone Star State, and the United States through The SAGA | San Antonio.
– With over 300 years of history, there is no shortage of places to see and things to learn. Take a short drive to San José, a Spanish Colonial Mission and also a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site.
– Eat lunch at Brasserie Mon Chou Chou where you can select from an all-day menu of French comfort food.
– After dinner, take in the many offerings and amenities at Pearl before enjoying some soothing sounds from an underground jazz bar called Jazz, TX.