- This event has passed.
YOSA Standing Ovation Week
Join us online for an inspiring week of music and conversation during YOSA Standing Ovation Week, October 19-23, 2020.
YOSA Standing Ovation Week is a series of virtual conversations and performances highlighting the heroes of music during COVID-19. An amazing guest lineup will feature performers and leaders from San Antonio and around the world. Master of Ceremonies Rick Cavender will host the week’s events. Tune in to watch at yosa.org/watchlive.
Sponsorships and donations from this event support YOSA (Youth Orchestras of San Antonio) whose music education programs reach more than 2,500 young musicians every year. Support at yosa.org/ovation-support.
Schedule of Events:
Monday, October 19, 2020
YOSA Changes Kids’ Lives—A look at the impact of YOSA
• 12:00 p.m. Lunchtime Chat with Troy Peters (YOSA Music Director)
• 6:00 p.m. Dinnertime Concert with cellist Christine Lamprea (YOSA Alumna and Sphinx Medal of Excellence winner)
Tuesday, October 20, 2020
Music in San Antonio—How arts and culture thrive in our community
• 12:00 p.m. Lunchtime Chat with Ron Nirenberg (Mayor of San Antonio)
• 6:00 p.m. Dinnertime Concert with Agarita Chamber Players
Wednesday, October 21, 2020
Classical Music During COVID-19—How the global pandemic has impacted the industry landscape
• 12:00 p.m. Lunchtime Chat with Marin Alsop (Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, Music Director)
• 6:00 p.m. Dinnertime Concert with trombonist Ron Wilkins
Thursday, October 22, 2020
Equality in Music—How classical music can become more equitable and representative
• 12:00 p.m. Lunchtime Chat with Afa Dworkin (The Sphinx Organization, President and Artistic Director)
• 6:00 p.m. Dinnertime Concert with violinist Elena Urioste
Friday, October 23, 2020
Keeping Music Alive—How philanthropy can help classical music endure for future generations
• Honoring the Russell Hill Rogers Fund for the Arts
• 12:00 p.m. Lunchtime Chat with Henry Timms (President and CEO at Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts; Creator of Giving Tuesday)
• 6:00 p.m. Dinnertime Concert with violinist Augustin Hadelich