Six Flags Fiesta Texas To Debut World’s Steepest Dive Coaster During Its 30th Anniversary Season
Six Flags Fiesta Texas has unveiled plans for their newest roller coaster – Dr. Diabolical’s Cliffhanger. This exhilarating new dive coaster features a cliffhanger hold, which suspends riders as they face straight down a 95-degree, beyond-vertical drop, then releases them moments later into a terrifying 150-foot dive.
“Six Flags Fiesta Texas continues to push the limits of thrill and innovation as we prepare to introduce the world’s steepest dive coaster during our 30th anniversary season,” said Park President Jeffrey Siebert. “Dr. Diabolical’s Cliffhanger joins an already stellar lineup of record-breaking roller coasters, rides, and attractions. With eight intense elements including dramatic inversions and extreme airtime, it will quickly become a fan favorite,” added Siebert.
– Three sleek trains with three rows of passengers, seated seven across
– 2,501 feet of soaring track
– Thrilling anticipation while the ride vehicle pauses in a face-first cliffhanger hold before plummeting 150 feet
– Spectacular, beyond-vertical, 95-degree first drop
– A second 75-foot, near-vertical drop
– An Immelmann inversion, during which riders enter a half-loop, followed by a half twist, then exit the element traveling in the opposite direction making a 180-degree turn
– Four intense elements, including an extreme airtime hill, wild-banked turn, high-speed spiral, and 270-degree zero-g roll
– Speeds of up to 60 mph
– Immersive steampunk theming that tells the story of Dr. Diabolical’s plot to harvest fear
– Dr. Diabolical’s Cliffhanger is a custom-designed roller coaster created by Bolliger & Mabillard.