Six Flags Fiesta Texas Welcomed World’s Steepest Dive Coaster During Its 30th Anniversary Season
Six Flags Fiesta Texas has completed construction of their newest roller coaster – Dr. Diabolical’s Cliffhanger. This exhilarating new dive coaster features a cliffhanger hold, which suspends riders as they face straight down a 95-degree, beyond-vertical drop, then releases them moments later into a terrifying 150-foot dive.
“Dr. Diabolical’s Cliffhanger joins an already stellar lineup of record-breaking roller coasters, rides, and attractions. With eight intense elements including dramatic inversions and extreme airtime, it will quickly become a fan favorite,” said Park President Jeffrey Siebert.
– Three sleek trains with three rows of passengers, seated seven across
– 2,501 feet of soaring track
– Thrilling anticipation while the ride vehicle pauses in a face-first cliffhanger hold before plummeting 150 feet
– Spectacular, beyond-vertical, 95-degree first drop
– A second 75-foot, near-vertical drop
– An Immelmann inversion, during which riders enter a half-loop, followed by a half twist, then exit the element traveling in the opposite direction making a 180-degree turn
– Four intense elements, including an extreme airtime hill, wild-banked turn, high-speed spiral, and 270-degree zero-g roll
– Speeds of up to 60 mph
– Immersive steampunk theming that tells the story of Dr. Diabolical’s plot to harvest fear
– Dr. Diabolical’s Cliffhanger is a custom-designed roller coaster created by Bolliger & Mabillard.